Jan 8, 2012

A New Year....

It's a Happy New Year!  The last week has been wonderful in the weather department and currently we are praying we will miss the next storm that is coming tonight.  It is the 115th day on The Alley.   We have been able to sit outside 96.5 days.  (We credit Clay with a goodly number of these.  He's our outside hero.)  Here are the rest of the stats.


Today: Jan 8
Day 115 at the Alley
Outside 96.5 (.5 credit Clay/Oct  Nov .5  Dec 1.5 Clay .5 All)  
Rain:2 (Nov) 4 (Oct) 3 (Dec)
Wind:  3 (Dec) 4.5 (Nov)  6.5 (Oct)  Snow?? 4
breeze: 9   Hail? 1 (Nov)
Begin: Sept 16

Ken, Darrel, Sue & I went to Mexico Friday.  A beautiful day.  Mexico was quiet but I came back with a hat - like I NEED another hat - but I really like it.  We had lunch in Deming after stopping the Peppers the local supermarket.  Great place.  Think I'll shop there again on a trip to/from Mexico.  Like February 10.  Ken got some medicine for his and Mona's Seborrhea.  Hope it works.  We can't get the other ointment anymore.  We'll get the rest of our yearly better living through Mexican Drug Therapy when we go down then.  Makes me mad that they are made by the SAME drug company and are a fraction of what we must pay here.  

I wore my chenille vest and was once again unhappy with the way it fit.  So I got up early Saturday and reworked it again.  By jove I think I've got it.  I wore it all day yesterday and was happy with the way it fit.  I'm bugging Debbie about getting hers embellished and wearing it.  It'll probably need another bump up in the reword department also.  I told her she can't make a sweatshirt jacket if she doesn't finish it.  (Right.  Like that'll work.)  I'm sneaking up on beginning a sweatshirt jacket. And on to another day.  Hope we can finally get all the cookbooks together by Wednesday.  Better get crackin'.

No comments: