May 27, 2012

Road Trip Part 1: Lemon Petrified Park

Life just keeps smacking us in the head. Newell's mother was unable to rally after her heart valve replacement so Dave, Deb, Luc, Ken & I head to NorthDakota for the funeral. This was the third death of our little group in about 8 weeks.  Linda/Randy's son, Sharon and now Newell's mom.  Life is beginning to slap us alongside the face.  I am SOOOO glad we decided to hang out together for 4 years.  We knew eventually these kind of things would happen.  

We met them (and Luc) in Spearfish and headed out.   It was a hectic 3 days.  Dave drove the van with Ken up front and Deb, Luc and I shared the rest of the area.  
The Petrified Wood Park in Lemmon.
 Around lunchtime we found ourselves in Lemmon and stopped for lunch.  Great lunch!  We then went to satisfy our curiosity about the Petrified Wood  Park.  All 5 of us thought it was cool.





See the bear????




Hmmm.  I can't quite identify this rock.














I thought these might be man made - nope.  Found more in the wild.




We decided we weren't going to make it to Hazen before the viewing so went a little different way - through the reservation - a drive none of us had been on yet.  Enjoyed this drive a lot.






The Veteran's Cemetery - beautiful!  We got to Bismark for the visitation then went to Newell's brother's before heading to Hazen.  They are my kind of people - notice the clothes line?


 I had my B12 shot before we left and as I came out of the office I noticed these butterflies working the lilac bush.  It was once again a reminder that when we are done with our bodies we come out as new life just like the butterfly. May You All Rest In Peace!






No comments: