Jul 30, 2008

Ken and the V.I.B.E. Machine

AWWWright! I figured out the colored text deal. Now when I want more purple I know how to get it. Today Ken was sitting in the LR watching the tube and he realized that he was sitting there smiling. Smiling is something that we take for granted - it's just something we do. Ken hasn't smiled easily for 6 years. But he just spent a week VIBEing and is doing great. He is pain free, his face has it's feeling back, he can lift his right arm and windmill it and reached behind him to scratch his back. We have no idea how long this will last; but we are grateful for whatever we get. Our friends, the Conroy's, told us about the V.I.B.E. machine. The guy that has it in Cheyenne (it's made in Greeley, CO) visited the Brain Injury Association Conference where Kelle C. learned about it. We have been "going to go try it" for several months now. The statewide tour gave us the opportunity. I took Ken there 6 days where he worked up from 1 minute pulsing for 10 minutes to 10 minutes constant with 15 minutes in between. We noticed a difference in Ken the first evening. He had better range of motion in his neck and he could raise his right arm a little higher than his shoulder without it spasming out. (Yeah, I'm real technical.) OK here is the 5 cent description - You sit in a wooden chair (either facing or backwards) around this tall copper wiring/glass tube tower thing that sounds like a prolonged bug zapper. The zapping sound goes on as long as they set the timer for. You don't touch it; just sit there and wonder if Scotty is getting ready to Beam you up or something. While you sit there you drink water. You begin with "vibed" water and end up just refilling your bottle time after time from the well. THEN you know what you do? O come on, get a grip...............what comes natural after 2 quarts of h2O. The first day we did three sessions and by the end were doing 5 sessions. We do wonder if we could have stayed a month what good we would see.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. OK so you don't understand bug zapper? So I guess you can go here: http://www.vibemachine.com/ Gary Kelley is the guy in Cheyenne. He was vibeing his sick dog. It worked so well he not only has one machine, he has two. He has experimented back and forth for several years now vibeing folks left and right. He and his wife Nancy are great people. Before we head out this winter we shall spend time vibeing with them. (Gillette has 2 machines and we shall vibe there also.) We shall see how long this lasts. Ken hasn’t taken his noon pain meds for 10 days now…………..we shall see.
ME? Yeah, I vibed too, but I found out I can’t handle as much as Ken so I backed off. (If you don’t drink water it can make you nauseated, have diarrhea (MS Word says it’s spelled right?????), give you a headache, etc. The owner of the place where we are staying didn’t drink enough water and he experienced all of those and then some. OK I have to go rearrange the book shelves – I finally got the basement the way I want it so will rearrange the upper story to suit myself……………..this is an ongoing project I fear. OMG I just got an email from the girlchild – she created a my space for me………….Yet ANOTHER thing to try and figure out………….I hate it when I get an email that starts – Welcome. Below is your login info…………..G&M; S&F, I’m going to go clean. (G&M: groan and moan; S&F Stomp and Faunch) hmmmmm wonder what a faunch looks like?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

mom this is the other girlchild. you have to keep up w/us some how and it works. hope all is well hope to see you very soon. love you lots
ash