Aug 3, 2008

Laramie and Worms


Thursday, July 31, 2008: Made to the KOA in Laramie (the only campground there) and made several calls and contacts. Laramie has a new “art walk” or drive so Ken and I drove to see the great public art in Laramie. It has been several years since we have been in Laramie and the changes are quite noticeable. UW has perked itself up (grass, flowers, art) and it is becoming a pretty little town. My sense of humor went a little sideways when I saw the art at the entrance to the greenbelt so I thought I would email some friends in Gillette with a headline that said, “Enormous Worms in Laramie stump UW Scientists”. Then I decided that with my luck someone may take it for truth, forward it on to somebody that would forward it, yada, yada, with the upshot of my @#$ being grass and someone with great influence would be the Briggs and Stratton – so to speak. Anyway, Here are the pictures that WOULD have accompanied that GF (great fiasco).

< href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhX5NS_UFtozgqA_F26fDXWVtm2rLERe30U1QpVrqCaODJJOEHJGe-ju-mBC3F7cavmdioWvF45TAUjmJQtCagV-MFo1WRDkDXqEBbGlAF69BiDLHX7n6TK5Euvz6EfWOuMWEDN29jW6k0/s1600-h/Bucking+Horse+at+UW.jpg">


Ken is still feeling pretty good. He is still drinking vibed water – image that him voluntarily drinking water and not tea or Pepsi. I wonder how long this will last. I was listening to Good Morning America this morning and the next thing I know he is standing in the doorway guffawing at something that he saw on TV. What a delightful sight that was! I had forgotten what his laugh sounded like, so I had to tear up a little. A few minutes later I asked him if he realized what he had done – he hadn’t; but then grinned and made a smart comment – just like he used to do. He is somewhat stiff from time to time; but he remains pain free.

No comments: