Mar 14, 2011

Celebrating, Perspective and Odds and Ends

First - Here's our beautiful little Hayden sitting on her Daddy's lap.  What a blessing to see her.  We leave early next week to go to Denver and will be able to see and hug them all.  What a long month it has been.  But all of the baby steps have added up and she is getting better.  There are still concerns, but she is getting better all of the time.  They will continue to monitor everything. 
It will be good for Ken to see Hayden. And just having Aedan take a few naps on his chest I hope will help him also.  He was down in Elephant Butte in record cold while I was in CO/WY.  However the mental anguish he has for her being in a forced coma has him very upset.  It was (is) tough for Ken as an adult but Hayden is only 2. The flip side is she is young and resilient.  A family fix will be good for us and since I refuse to drive The Bus in snow this year it will be June before we get much farther north than Reserve, NM.
Perspective:  What a crappy word and once again I have lost mine!!  Well spit!  Where did it go?  What is perspective?  I don't even know how to spell it let alone find it.  Google says: the faculty of seeing all the relevant data in a meaningful relationship: Your data is admirably detailed but it lacks perspective  or how about this one:  the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here a few years to see local conditions in perspective.  OK so I got bit again by a couple of PF's that have been masquerading.  Oh well.  Sucks to be me.  Rub it and move on.  Well how about that? I found perspective and since it isn't underlined in red I spelled it correctly.  
It's that time of year again - Purging 101.  We'll be leaving here is a few weeks and "stuff" needs to be put in it's place.  I found some "Darrelisms" and reread them.  Hmmm.  Perspective.
Swedish Weaving - the new obsession. We are just going crazy with SW.  Debbie only likes table runners  AND she doesn't finish............ :)  
Wyn is in trouble - I didn't get a picture of her with hers.  BUT I will. 














"I think I love this pattern best."  That is a phrase I hear often - by the same person mostly - on anything they are working on.  Yup!  Obsessed.  AND a lifesaver.  I must keep SWing - it is better for my health.  Sorry folks I'm turning into a combination of Granny and my mother.  Pretty scary!  When Granny died she had afghans crocheted for all her grandchildren plus future ones to be given to them for HS graduation.  Mom on the other had was a quilter and a Wilson. Calmly sitting down on the outside; standing up screaming on the inside.  That is the definitaion of a Wilson.  Which is a good thing as when the Simonis side comes out there is war!  AND every morning I see Mom's mouth in the mirror. Her mouth seems to be saying - you need perspective girl!.   Love it!
Diane shows a beautiful baby afghan for her Gdaughter.
Barb is working on a material order. 




Our fearless leader sue.  This is a beautiful BIG afghan on navy with bright yellow yarn.  MY kinda afghan.


My yellow one.  I finally got one with the contrasting single line done correctly.  I shall steal the daughters lap afghans this summer and finish them.  It'll be my little secret.


We ordered 1050 inches of Monk's Cloth as a group.  It should be here today.  We will get to see more colors!


Daylight Savings Time - a reality - but such a pain.  Oh well. Sucks to be me.

What an awesome season this has been being able to spend a lot of time outside.  Love it.  Burnt River friend Sharon is getting ready to go back to Idaho - Yuma was in the 90's yesterday  Yup we'll be heading to high ground soon.  (Not too high.)

Ready for a new day!


1 comment:

Wyn said...

Sigh...perspective isn't something you struggle for and then 'get' just once. Unfortunately! Seems it has to be hard-one over and over and...