Jun 25, 2011

June is flying by

June is almost a memory.  As this IS Wyoming we have gone from cold to hot.  No, no not bitching as I have the weather for TRC on my desktop and yesterday when we had a balmy 85*; TRC had 102*.  I also have Toc Alaska and it is amazing how often they are warmer than Gillette.
We are in typical "summer mode" which translates to pretty fast.  Let's see what is happening here at the GZoo....
Four years ago Ken just couldn't reconcile traveling with a pet so we sent Becky, our rescue dog, to Casper to cheer up another household.  That was somewhat ok with me as I just couldn't reconcile doing all the early morning dog walking.  :)  Little did I know that I would become a very early morning person.  Go figure.  
When we came back to the Schram's in Gillette we got to know Vixie there Papillon.  I think the seed was sown then for Ken.  She is a lively, smart funny dog.  He kept saying "We aren't going to travel with a pet!"  Four years later Vixie had two boy puppies that were 10 weeks old when we arrived back in WY.  I told Debbie before we left I wondered if we would manage to return to NM dogless.  Nope!  Not only do we have a dog, he is a registered purebred Papillon and we PAID for him!!  I am just rolling on the floor laughing at this.  How quickly the mighty fall.  Our backgrounds are "the only good dog is a working cow dog".    NOW our background is Gimme a lapdog, gimme a lapdog!!  Hysterical.
Dogpile on Uncle Kevin!

Ken broke the news to me one day with, "I have some bad news................That little Wuff just keeps coming up to me wanting on my lap.  I think I'm gonna have to have him."  AAAAHAAA!  Now Ken another obsession besides farming- watching dog training videos and reading about training.  Works for me!  Here is Wiley Wuff not to be mixed up with Roadie II.


Alexa and Aedan bonding.

Andy like her toes tickled a little bit.

Then there are the g/ggbabies!  We got to watch the two youngest ggbabes with Whitney the other night. Yes that would be 3gbabe and 2 ggbabes at the same place/time etc.  Andy finally decided that Grandad was okay and Alexa just wanted some chow time.


Whitney applied for a job last May when they moved back to Gillette.  They kept the resume and called her two weeks ago to see if she was interested.  It is a property manager at an apartment complex that is controlled housing.  So the boys will be with us Mon-Tue and Thurs-Fri. (9:30-5:30)  We'll see how long this lasts.  In the midst of getting compliance training two of her teeth decided now was the time to become abcessed so we added two ER visits to this mix.  Never a dull moment at the Gizoo!


SIL Kevin gets his new Snapon truck Friday (after he unloads the old one and drives to Wisconsin to pick it up).  It will be all hands Wednesday noon to do the unloading honors.  


This weekend the Schrams will put in an underground sprinkler system, clean up a tradein tool box, haul tons of "landscape" rock; the Llewelyn's will try out the apartment swimming pool and the Colpitts will attempt to stay out of the way.  NOT likely.   


On the twelth day of suuuummmmmeeerr my true love said to me.........."How craaaazzzy are weeee?..... 12 vehicles rotating, 11 tool boxes shining, 10 trees a-growing, 9 chairs a-lounging  8 People feeding, 7 Deer Running byyy, 6 Stomped on *$&% Cell Phones, FIIIIVVVVEE Bedrooms full; 4 Stuffed Storage Spots; 3 Zippy Papillons; 2 Tails a-draggin'  and a giiiaaannnttt Snapon Truck!!

1 comment:

nomadmartins said...

Nice puppy Ken! I'm glad you are having fun at the ZOO!