Jun 4, 2011

Not quacking as much!

The rain seems to have stopped.  However as my cousin says the "water ain't outa the hills yet".  The wind has replaced the rain.  It has really effected Ken's balance this time.  Of course his balance has been getting worse but the wind seems to really mess with him.  Of course summer life is about the gkids - old and young.
 And of course I shall be putting them up here.......:)
Rats! I missed Erick riding Ethan's.......the oldest gson and #8.

Grandad herding the "cats".
Whit, the boys and I went to Rapid via Newcastle and the dentist Thursday.  Ethan comes up to his mom with a bloody nose...........yup! something besides his finger up there...............shiny..............metal! Spit!  We tried having him blow it out - yeah right!!  So off to the ER we go.  The drill was lay on his tummy for 15 or so minutes then they held one nostril and had him blow.  Fifth time it popped out - a little brass bead.   We have all decided that he is Uncle K.C. and Uncle Mike rolled into one.  Every spring I would take them snowboarding and every spring we would make a run to an ER somewhere.  I hadn't been to Newcastle's before.  we're probably starting a new trend with a new generation.  So---  I've been designing a SW mask for his nose..................think about that one for awhile.  I could make a red one for winter and a BRIGHT green one for summer.  :)  Yes, indeedy.

Anywho it was 92* in Rapid.  And the SD fuel trick is that Unleaded isn't always at the TOP of the price board.  It was at the BOTTOM making it the highest priced - Fat lot of good it did to have a .10/gal off Smith's card.  However we DID find $3.86 Diesel in Newcastle.  Not that we had any vehicle to put it in but it was nice to see.
OK I need to find some more people to bug...............I'm sure there's a hot game of pinochle starting up next door. 

2 comments:

Linda/Newell Zeller said...

What a happy little guy.....I can tell you're as busy as we are with the gkids. We've been enjoying some retiree company as well with Linda & Randy here in Hazen. Maddie & Noah are in a sleepover with us tonight. Going well.....both are asleep! (smile) Take care.....Love to you, both!! Linda Z

nomadmartins said...

I have NO grandkids to spoil. However, I am looking for a puppy. Please, everyone keep your eyes open for me!!