Feb 8, 2011

Odds and Ends

It has been a busy two weeks.  Lori brought the boys down and I watched them at RMH.  I limited them to a different play area every day so nothing got old.  We went to the 3rd floor of the hospital a couple of times so they could play in the playhouses.  It was great.  I did my newest obsession while sitting near the play areas.  We were all content.  We met some nice people there.  It was also good to know that if we needed more help we could call friends that live in the area.  Just knowing Stephanie and Melissa were just a phone call away made a big different.  Even though we didn't have to call them it was comforting to know we could.  Somehow that makes things a little easier.



We drove home Sunday.  The farther we went north the colder it got.  The big boys came with me watching a DVD; finally falling asleep when we got to the Campbell County border.  I have been cold most of the time up here.  And now that the thermometer has hit -19 with highs of -6 for the day I am freezing.  I bought a coat last week when the weather told us about the big freeze.  So I have been wearing 5 layers all week.  Of course I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy but who cares I am kind of staying warm.  The pickup doesn't like this stuff either.

Aedan traveled okay but it was too much stimulation for one day.  He didn't sleep good Sunday.  Monday we moved his "play" space and bed into the middle of the rooms where there was actually some heat.  I travel back and forth from Kev/Lori's so we can keep the boys inside.  There was no school Monday or Tuesday so KaCe was very upset.

Whitney's Lap Afghan
Kaycee's Lap Afghan. It is on turquoise and the zigs are variations of brown.
I have finished my second lap afghan.  I was going to crochet a shell pattern on top of the first stitching but the girls didn't want one.  Too poofy was their justification.  This is officially my new OCD!  I think from the phone conversations that Debbie at least is right along with me.  I have red, yellow and natural prepared to work on.  I found some white at Wal-Mart for 7.97.  Of course for that price I couldn't leave it there.  I also have some patterns coming.  I ordered them from JoAnn's.  Can't wait to start another pattern. 

We will have Hayden (2) and Andy's (1) birthday party this Saturday.  It will be fun to see how they all get along.  The next generation of children is growing by leaps and bounds.  Rachel and Mike are expecting their second daughter in May.

No comments: