Sep 17, 2011

A tiny bit of monsoon for us.....

Clay/Sharon and us got moved down to The Alley yesterday with Wyn and Ki getting here just in time to go out to eat.  We then came back and sat outside until dark.  I think I'm going to begin a "sitting outside" calendar to keep track this year - just for grins and giggles. 
 From the rain we got two days ago the wash was running with water.   I hurried to take a couple of pictures before it got dark.  Wyn waited until this morning...........she will be borrowing these three from me.  Mud this morning and tonight it is DRY!  :)

This afternoon the guys got the golf cart going, aired the tires, moved Farnham's freezer and generally got ready for business as usual on The Alley.




 I'm in a dither to get the freezer cleaned out so we'll be having a hot dog feed tomorrow.  (I was all setup for camping at the lake and feeding a herd of boys.)  I have to have space to put the green chile pods.  We all went together and we bought a bushel and a half of green chile - roasted, cooled and ready to bag -  which we'll pick up tomorrow.  While we're down there I'm going to get a grocery sack of Lumbre GC peppers for Ken.  Wyn is going to let me roast them in her oven OUTSIDE.  We'll see if he's still "hot" on the "hot chile".  

As we left to go eat last night Roady came running across the road.  He thinks he's going to get fed.

Better hurry and get this published so us gals can go to the grocery store - yum Sharon's potato salad for the HD feed tomorrow.  Another GREAT day in NM.


1 comment:

nomadmartins said...

Don't forget to watch where you put your hands while you are taking care of those green chili's. HA!